Ice cream is cool. We made some.
This ice cream has it all: gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, preservative-free, vegan, and low calorie…it’s nutritious, delicious, and so easy to make—perfect for a summer cool-down treat! Who doesn’t enjoy purely homemade ice cream made from fresh ingredients anyways?
Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
Makes about 2-3 cups (1-1.5 pints)
(Can be any flavor!)
- 2 cups milk-of-choice or nondairy creamer or coconut milk (see note below)
- 1/4 cup agave, maple syrup, or other sweetener (brown sugar is really good)
- 1 packet stevia (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional ingredients for whatever flavor you desire! (we just made plain vanilla)
1) Mix all ingredients (except optional ingredients, if they are chunky) in a dish.Then simply transfer to your ice cream maker and watch the magic! Our ice cream was done in 20 minutes!
2) Enjoy & serve in a bowl or a cone with fresh topped fruit.
Warning: Make sure your ice cream maker’s base is completely frozen before use, or it will NOT work!
You can also use your Vitamix; just pour the ingredients, blend, and watch the magic!
Let us know your thoughts below! How did your ice cream turn out?
Source: Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
This ice cream is super healthy and delicious too! We used half almond milk and half soymilk.